Secure Data Collection
APA’s data collection and information security are the highest priority. As an APA customer, your instutions will benefit from a data center and network architecture that are built to meet the requirements of highly security-sensitive institutions and higher education organizations.
APA works together with your institution and our AWS data center to make your data secure during the upload process and when at rest. Data is encrypted in both environments for added security.
We employ several methods for data collection and delivery:
- Clients can deliver data directly to our AWS facility and servers via direct API
- Clients can send and upload data through our dedicated and secure ShareFile account, or
- APA can receive data directly from your institution’s third-party vendor using authentication protocols
With PCI-DSS, SOC-1, and SOC-2 APA utilizes a model that shares responsibility so that clients are responsible for data when it resides on the client’s system or in a case where data is dynamically delivered from the client’s ERP or other servicing system. Once the data reaches our AWS environment, AWS is responsible for the data security.
- Security of the cloud – APA selected the most respected and secure cloud service to house our data and client data. Each client has their own server and environment, so each client’s data is secure and not in a common database.
- AWS is responsible for protecting the infrastructure that runs our services in the Cloud which operate our applications. This is where we provide customers with our products, like APA’s dashboards, dynamic reporting, and analysis services that you can use securely each day, 24 X 7. The effectiveness of our security is regularly tested and verified by third-party auditors as part of the APA-AWS compliance program.